April 24, 2017, 11:44:27 PM

Author Topic: Needed Wiki Pages  (Read 605 times)

gryffyn

• View Profile
Needed Wiki Pages
« on: March 01, 2016, 08:35:22 AM »
Anyone want any wiki pages made? For example, is anyone willing to create a page detailing how to compile the toolchain? Or how to make X detect your monitor over HDMI properly? If anyone has any suggestions, please comment them on this thread. Thanks!
May all your code compile without errors.

Lolix

• View Profile
Re: Needed Wiki Pages
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2017, 06:00:18 PM »
What is the right way to cross-compile PKGBUILD ready for armv6h/armv7h, like logitechmediaserver-git, from Manjaro x86_64?

Strit

• Core Team
    • View Profile
    • Strits.dk
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2017, 05:57:01 AM »
What is the right way to cross-compile PKGBUILD ready for armv6h/armv7h, like logitechmediaserver-git, from Manjaro x86_64?

Is that a question or a wiki suggestion? :)
Manjaro for ARM. YAY!

Lolix

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2017, 06:34:09 PM »
Is that a question or a wiki suggestion? :)

Well, both because don't now how to do it and I think would be nice have it in the wiki

Strit

• Core Team
    • View Profile
    • Strits.dk
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2017, 01:00:50 AM »
I'll see if I can make this the short version.

First check if the dependencies in the PKGBBUILD has arm versions at arclinuxarm.org under Packages.
If they do, then simply add armv6h armv7h and aarch64 to the PKGBUILD's arch=() line.
If some of them don't, you need to "port" over those aswell, by adding the architectures to their PKGBUILD aswell, build and install them on your arm device and then build the package in question on your arm device, like mentioned above.

BUT, some software can not be built on ARM in general, because of how it is coded, so we are fresh out of luck on those.
Most software can, and we are not afraid to add packages to the build server for our own community repo, if it's requested.

PS: Quickest way to get a package into our repo is by supplying us a working PKGBUILD.  :)
Manjaro for ARM. YAY!