April 24, 2017, 11:41:24 PM

Author Topic: Update fails on RPi Zero  (Read 206 times)

gintonic

• View Profile
Update fails on RPi Zero
« on: February 02, 2017, 08:42:22 AM »
Hello list,

First let me state that this is just an amazing distro, I use it on RPi Zeros and it just works - simple as that.
Great work!

I tried to update a RPi Zero which was installed from the old testing image (http://manjaro-arm.org/forums/raspberry-pi-1/(beta-test)-manjaro-arm-minimal-16-04/), and updated periodically previous to the 16.12 release, and upon pacman -Suy I now receive the following error:

:: Retrieving packages...
error: failed retrieving file 'raspberrypi-firmware-examples-20161209-1-any.pkg.tar.xz' from repo.manjaro-arm.org : The requested URL returned error: 404
error: failed retrieving file 'raspberrypi-firmware-examples-20161209-1-any.pkg.tar.xz' from mirror.strits.dk : The requested URL returned error: 404
error: failed retrieving file 'raspberrypi-firmware-examples-20161209-1-any.pkg.tar.xz' from ftp-osl.osuosl.org : The requested URL returned error: 404
warning: failed to retrieve some files
error: failed retrieving file 'raspberrypi-firmware-tools-20161209-1-any.pkg.tar.xz' from repo.manjaro-arm.org : The requested URL returned error: 404
error: failed retrieving file 'raspberrypi-firmware-tools-20161209-1-any.pkg.tar.xz' from mirror.strits.dk : The requested URL returned error: 404
error: failed retrieving file 'raspberrypi-firmware-tools-20161209-1-any.pkg.tar.xz' from ftp-osl.osuosl.org : The requested URL returned error: 404
warning: failed to retrieve some files
error: failed to commit transaction (unexpected error)
Errors occurred, no packages were upgraded.

All the other new packages were downloaded successfully.
I tried to update pacman-mirrors first, which succeeded, and then generate a new mirror list using 'pacman-mirrors -g' but the error above still remains.
Should I reinstall from scratch using the new 16.12 image? I'd rather avoid that if possible...

any advice appreciated!

dodgejcr

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Update fails on RPi Zero
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2017, 01:09:19 PM »
Those two packages were merged in the upstream Archlinux repo and thus they are merged in ours as well. To fix, remove those and you should be able to update without issue

gintonic

• View Profile
Re: Update fails on RPi Zero
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2017, 12:52:16 AM »
Removing these two packages indeed solves the problem and the update now finishes without any errors.
Thanks!