May 29, 2017, 05:34:50 PM

Author Topic: ODROID C2  (Read 2167 times)

Strit

• Core Team
    • View Profile
    • Strits.dk
ODROID C2
« on: March 03, 2016, 02:12:59 AM »
Anyone planning on doing packages for the C2?

I've ordered mine, and could get some packages done for it, if no one else is going for it.

Arch Linux ARM already has a tarball for the C2.
The C2 still uses the old 3.14 kernel, but kernel 4.4 LTS is being worked on by Hardkernel and ARMlogic.
The C2 has a powerful armv8 quadcore 64-bit CPU, HDMI 2.0 with CEC and else the same specs as the C1+.

Device price is about $40, so only $5 more than the pi3, but you get so much better performance for those $5. Only thing the rpi3 has, that the C2 does not, is built in Wi-Fi and Bluetooth.
Manjaro for ARM. YAY!

Strit

• Core Team
    • View Profile
    • Strits.dk
Re: ODROID C2
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2016, 07:34:44 AM »
A little update on the status of main packages for the C2.

Kernel 4.6 has mainline support for the CPU chip in the C2, so kernel 4.6 should be able to run on it, when it's release ready.

According to the Odroid forum, the X11 drivers are making progress, and they said they want to release something next week. I really hope it's a working X11 driver, since I can't really get an xorg server running on my C2.
Manjaro for ARM. YAY!

physkets

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2016, 02:35:52 PM »
It looks like Arch Linux ARM (ALARM) for the ODROID-C2 uses the kernel supplied by Hardkernel (as pointed out, currently 3.14). This is because the odroids use Amlogic SOCs and not Broadcom.

Does Manjaro-ARM run the (almost) latest kernels (like Manjaro)? Or does it do what ALARM does? Or will it stick to LTS like Raspbian does?

dodgejcr

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2016, 10:48:51 PM »
We will the kernel supplied by Hardkernel like ALARM does. Bringing it up to anything newer would require a lot of porting and without the help from Hardkernel's mainline code, would be incredibly hard and tedious.