May 29, 2017, 05:44:48 PM

Author Topic: media edition:few issues  (Read 896 times)

mrsfixit

• View Profile
Re: media edition:few issues
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2017, 12:03:08 AM »
I agree, it should just work. Dodgejcr made the image, maybe he can tell you.

Can you create a bug report at bugs.manjaro-arm.org with as much info as possible?

Okay- done. We'll see what happens now.  :)

mrsfixit

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2017, 01:47:47 PM »
I agree, it should just work. Dodgejcr made the image, maybe he can tell you.

Can you create a bug report at bugs.manjaro-arm.org with as much info as possible?

Okay- done. We'll see what happens now.  :)

Well, after over a month of absolutely NO solutions or even answers, I guess I won't be using Manjaro-arm after all.

Too bad, because I liked what I saw for the short time I used it.  But the lack of help or solutions for what I think is a major issue is very disappointing. :(

Guess I'll check back in a few months to see if the issues have been fixed...

dodgejcr

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2017, 12:56:03 PM »
mrsfixit,

I really wanted to fix this and get a really good working media edition. I think you may have missed the announcement a few weeks back about Manjaro-Arm shutting down as a whole. This is the main reason I have not been working on anything. There is some possible good news though. There is a small group of people interested in taking over the Manjaro-Arm project and continuing it in the same scope as I have started, or at least with the same underlying ideas. If the takeover is sucessful, all the current bugs (yours included) will be forwarded over and the new team will probably be glad to get it working.

I apologize for the 'cold sholder' feeling that you have received due to no response on this thread. As my life gets busier, my availability to work on this decreases. Unfortunately, that also meant posting on the forums. I hope that the new team is able to take over as I will still be able to advise and be an external source of information for them moving forward. I ultimately just want to see Manjaro-Arm succeed.

Thanks for giving us a shot and hopefully, you will again.
--dodge

mrsfixit

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2017, 03:41:54 PM »
mrsfixit,

I really wanted to fix this and get a really good working media edition. I think you may have missed the announcement a few weeks back about Manjaro-Arm shutting down as a whole. This is the main reason I have not been working on anything. There is some possible good news though. There is a small group of people interested in taking over the Manjaro-Arm project and continuing it in the same scope as I have started, or at least with the same underlying ideas. If the takeover is sucessful, all the current bugs (yours included) will be forwarded over and the new team will probably be glad to get it working.

I apologize for the 'cold sholder' feeling that you have received due to no response on this thread. As my life gets busier, my availability to work on this decreases. Unfortunately, that also meant posting on the forums. I hope that the new team is able to take over as I will still be able to advise and be an external source of information for them moving forward. I ultimately just want to see Manjaro-Arm succeed.

Thanks for giving us a shot and hopefully, you will again.
--dodge

Hey dodge,
Yes, I did miss that announcement. I haven't checked here for a while.

Darn. I had hoped this would be fixed, but the new team taking the project up is good news.

I use Manjaro XFCE every single day on both my laptop and desktop, and I love it. It currently holds the record for the longest time I have continuously used ANY Linux distro- close to 3 years now.

For the little bit I used the ARM edition on the Pi- I liked it. It was much faster than OpenElec.

The interest in Manjaro is growing. I see it is now #3 over at Distrowatch. Impressive. I think that increasing popularity might bode well for the ARM edition. Fingers crossed!

Thanks for the info, and I'll keep checking back here periodically to what's up.  :)