April 24, 2017, 11:40:09 PM

Author Topic: Welcome to Manjaro-ARM  (Read 1210 times)

tulliana

• View Profile
Welcome to Manjaro-ARM
« on: February 09, 2016, 04:16:58 PM »
Hi friends,

You started a great project. I want to support and will contribute to your work.

Congratulations  ;)

dodgejcr

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Welcome to Manjaro-ARM
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2016, 05:17:31 PM »
This is great news. I recognize your name from the Manjaro team. What is your role there? Or more importantly what would you like to contribute here? As you can see we are a very young project so anything helps of course.

tulliana

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2016, 05:41:20 AM »
Bananapi and several most arm-board should be added under device category. I have a bananapi device. I think my works to under section bananapi

I've worked on bananapi in 2014

screenshots:
22 Dec 2014

simon

• To travel is to live. To code is to give.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2016, 08:05:14 PM »
Is this the official welcome thread?

cheerio
simgin

PS. Who cares, I will introduce myself lightly :)

Hi, I am Simon, been on the Manjaro forums since the beginning pretty much. Other distros before that as well. Now I don't have Manjaro installed anymore, but when I heard that an ARM port was here, I am back.
ARM devices are exploding in numbers, and this is a brilliant initiative. Kudos +1
My plan is to make a little experimental server as a learning tool, added with Pythion3 programming. Just started to learn Python3, and this little Pi2 is perfect for the job.
I am so happy  :D

PSPS: Hi Tulliana, Strit, Linu74, viking and ofc Philm :) Sorry if I missed anyone from the Manjaro forums. I just started to look in here, and will probably recognise others later.
Freelance work (Please read below):
Negotiation is fine, but you got to this point because the status quo needed to change; donít forget that.....ELSE.....REISUB

Linu74

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2016, 03:54:08 AM »
Bananapi and several most arm-board should be added under device category. I have a bananapi device. I think my works to under section bananapi

@tulliana  :o http://manjaro-arm.org/forums/bananapi/

Linu74

mrsfixit

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2016, 02:29:01 PM »
Oh my... I didn't know there was an ARM version of Manjaro. I literally just found out.
How exciting!   :-)

I have been using Manjaro XFCE on my desktop and laptop for about a year. I really like it.
I recently acquired 4 Raspberry Pi 2's, which I got in anticipation of dumping my cable tv. I have 1 Pi hooked to each tv and 1 spare for travel.

I have been running OpenELEC/Kodi on the Pi's, but have recently discovered that there is LibreELEC, and now Manjaro ARM for these devices... awesome! I think I shall have to buy a couple of more Pi's/mSD cards to play around with.

BTW tulliana that case you have your Banana Pi in is awesome. Did you make it?

Good luck with this project, I look forward to trying it out! :-)

Lolix

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2017, 05:32:31 PM »
Hello to all

giovanni-caboto

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2017, 02:08:21 PM »
hello to all,

new of manjaro-arm (media edition just installed on Rasp3)
user of manjaro xfce and mate since a year
newbee on all linux planet